Nikonov: "My first games on renju were at the end of 1980 when I got invitation from Vladimir Sapronov, the Soviet Union renju founder."
- Russian vice-champion in 1993
- USSR champion in team (3 times), Moscow champion and cup holder, Russian champion via mail (envelope).
- winner of Russian first leagues twice.
- In 1996 Russia win the First team world championship. He was a captain of that team.
- He has played in 3rd World Championship (Arjeplog) and was 11th, also in 7th World Championship.
- winner of e-mail world championship first league in 1999.