This tournament is part of the 9th China International Qi (Mind Sport) Culture Exposition. 9th China International Qi Culture Exposition has the Renju Tournament of the 2nd "Mind Master" Mind Sport Meeting.
As in current situation is not realistic for forreigner players to travel to Hangzhou, organisers decided to held also online tournament for forreigners.
Tournament will be played in Estonian intellectual games site vint.ee.
Tournament rule is Taraguchi-10. 7 rounds in Swiss will be played.
Time control is 30 min per player+ 2 sec per move.
Tournament rules are same like in "real life" tournament, its forbidden to use computer programs or any kind analysing during game. Below you can see more exact technical rules
1-st round 10:00 - vint.ee time zone - UTC+3
(by Estonian, Moscow, Turkish and Greek time; 9:00 by Polish, Czech, Hungarian and Swedish time; 15:00 by Chinese time, 16:00 by Japanese and Korean
2nd round 11:15
3rd round 12:30
4th round 13:45
5th round 10:00
6th round 11:15
7th round 12:30
We ask to make pre-registration before tournament start.
Please send following datas:
1) Your vint.ee nickname
2) Your real name and country
3) Your e-mail address (coaches can give their e-mail instead of children)
You can send your registration to email@example.com or (and even better, to do it in vint.ee events calendar -
Pre-registration is needed latest Sept. 30.
Tournament room will be opened 30 minutes before tournament.
For participation you need to have registrated user in vint.ee
For that you need to:
- If you dont have vint.ee account: Click on Registration (upper part of the homepage)
- Fill your username and password and e-mail
- Press to link in confirmation letter in your mailbox
- Log in with your username and password
- Select your language you want to use from left side of site
- press to "games"
- press to tournaments on left side of page
- Choose right tournament and enter. If you are pre-registrated "mark" before your name should appear and you are ready for tournament.
Some important technical info:
- Players can play alone, or gather together with club. In club must be local referee taking care about fair play
- Each player should have one or more devices (phones, tables, other) with the sole purpose of using it for showing the live video of the location. It is mandatory during the active games, and optional during the break time.
- The video devices have to be installed (for example placed on tripods) so that all the players of that location are clearly visible during the active games. One camera view can cover multiple players (if players are playing together in club).
- In parallel with the games platform (vint.ee) we will be using Microsoft Teams as the platform for connecting all the video sources together.
- The purpose of connecting the video streams from all the locations together is to create a good friendship connection and atmosphere for the tournament, and also to allow referees have full overview of all the players.
- Oct.1, 2021, the organizing committee will send out the detailed description of the use of the video conferencing under Teams. It is not required to register an account for Teams. When being invited, the devices with the video camera can simply connect to the event. While joining the video conference, the user will be asked to provide a name for their video channel. Please use the name that contains both the name of the location as well the position of the camera, or sequence number if the position cannot be described well. For example "Tallinn, Main View" or "Macau #1".
- You can send your questions about video related topics to Ando Meritee (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance, including, if you would like to test the Microsoft Teams in advance.
- It is recommended to keep the video channels muted normally, to avoid echo and unnecessary noise, and only unmute when making speeches or conversations with the other locations.
- The main hosting computer of the video conferencing will be located in Estonia, at the tournament location (Ando's appartment). If you happen to disconnect at any time, you can simply re-connect again as soon as possible.
- You can relocate the cameras or change their quantity during the event any time you like, as long as the minimum conditions are met (all active games are visible).
- Beware of the bandwidth conditions of your location. Make sure that you have enough upload and download bandwidth to have successful multi-way video conferencing.
- The players in each location have to follow the same rules as in case of the live face to face tournaments. The players and observers should not talk in the live games room, also, any kind of game assistance (human and computer) is prohibited. The players are allowed to stand up and walk around the tournament room (within the view of the camera) during the games. The players may look at the other players screens, as in real life tournaments, but not communicate and disturb anything. Leaving the game room during the live game is not allowed in the isolated locations, such as homes. It is only allowed in the official club locations, with the approval of the referee and when accompanied by the "coach".
About using a real board together with computer. For the main goal is to avoid staring at the monitor and have an opportunity to look at the board instead. Of course, camera coverage must include this board. Player, using a real board MUST make move first in vint.ee and later copy same move on board. Of course, NOT any analysing can be made on board.